I spent the weekend working on kilt 2.0, as I've come to call it. I was a bad boy Friday night and drank too much, so I sat in my recliner nursing my hangover and sewing.
I had to repleat the darn thing several times, because I either had too many small pleats, or too few large pleats. Then I hand basted the pleats. Next I have to figure out exactly where the under apron is going to wind up, and the I need to get the over apron lined up. Then I can figure out the new way to close the kilt.
As much as I like the snaps I used on my other kilt, it's too difficult to get them placed on the aprons. I'm thinking about a couple of nylon straps with plastic buckles to give it kind of a military look. Of course, I gotta find the straps and buckles!