Monday, November 08, 2004

The Holt Arts and Craft Desk

Just so you don't get the wrong idea, I am not obsessed with my kilt, or my My desk ideacomic (That's Chasing the Sun. Chapter Nine will be up soon!). Over the weekend, I designed some furniture!


That's right!


I created the Holt Art and Craft Desk™, a contemporary piece that will fit in any home!


I have posted the design sketch here.


The drawing table portion tilts up to 30 degrees, and the drawers can be built on the right or on the left. (They are on the left in the drawing because that's the way my drawing table is set up now.


I originally thought the drawing top would be able to adjust from 30 degrees to 80 degrees, just in case I ever wanted to take up painting.


The desk top would be covered with a self-healing mat, available at most art supply houses.


If any Norm Abrams wannabes would like to build the desk, drop me an email and we can discuss licensing arrangements.


As long as you build me one!

No comments: