Friday, July 07, 2006

Time to start packing

The itinarary is set. Our route is set. We will travel to Virginia and South Carolina next weekend. We're taking the car, flying is just too darned expensive.

We'll leave here at 5 or 6 am on June 15th and drive to Tuscaloosa, Alabama and spend the night. Then we drive, via the Blue Ridge Parkway to Fredericksburg, Virginia and mooch off of Donn and Ann for a couple of days. I'm going to try to sneak away with Steve to play some golf.

Then we'll drive down I-95 to Beaufort, South Carolina and spend a couple of nights with Sean, Joanne and Cael. I hope to sneak away and play some golf with Sean. He says there's a nice course by the ocean.

Our trip home will start on Sunday, and we'll spend the night in Covington, Louisiana, where I hope we'll arrive in time for dinner at the Abita Brewpub in Abita Springs. We should get home Monday evening, after a lunch stop in Bryan to visit Aunt Mallie.

I'm glad were taking the trip, but dad has already told me he wasn't going to drive. So that means I'll get to drive. Whee!

No comments: