Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Where's my computer Part II

To update: Dell informed in the late afternoon of 8/17 that there was a delay shipping my computer. The shipment has been delayed to 8/28, with an estimated delivery between 9/3-6. Since I leave town on 9/6 for a week, allow me to guess when the damn thing will be delivered.


Yesterday, someone named Debbie posted a comment to my previous post on this issue claiming to be from Dell, and saying they would look into it. So early yesterday morning I sent Debbie an email telling her the order number.


So far, nothing.


I am not going to jump on the "I hate Dell" or "Dell is Evil" bandwagons. Any business is going to have people with problems with their policies and service. Our office has used Dell products for years without problems. I recognize that someone has to make the computer, and that takes time. I also recognize that manufacturers are often at the mercy of their suppliers, and there could be any number of reasons for the delay.


Doesn't make the anticipation stop, though.


Update: at 12:30 pm today, I got this reply from Debbie at Dell, "Sorry for the disappointment. Let me know if there is anything I can do."


Um, let me know if I will get it before I leave on my business trip?

No comments: