Wednesday, March 31, 2004

My Kilt

(31) Well, I finally broke down and ordered a kilt from Utilikilts. I saw Patrick Norton wear one on The Screensavers a year or so ago and ordered a catalog. I hemmed and hawed about for a year. Then, last week, I ordered it. It was shipped from Seattle on Monday.


The folks at Utilikilts gave me a UPS tracking number for it, and I have been watching my kilt's progress across the country. It was given to UPS at 9:10 pm Monday, and left Seattle at 11:24 pm. On Tuesday at 5:05 am it arrived at Hermiston, Oregon, and left there at 7:42 am. It reached Salt Lake City at 12:23 am Wednesday, and at 3:48 am left for its next stop.


It arrived at Commerce City, Colorado at 1:23 pm, and spent 10 hours lounging around, and smoking cigarettes in the UPS waiting room before leaving at 11:49 pm.


I bring all this up because I am amazed that someone actually thought about where to put UPS shipping centers! Except for Seattle and Salt Lake City, and eventually San Antonio, the centers are in places I've never heard of. It's fun, in an insane kind of way, to watch your package make its way to you.

No comments: