Monday, February 14, 2005

New scanner, new skills

Yesterday, I was going to continue scanning our family photos into the computer, but the darn scanner wouldn't work. Windows™ could see it. The scanning software, though, couldn't.


So I drove to Office Max in Kerrville and bought a new scanner. It's a HP Scanjet 4070 that can also scan slides and negatives. So I've been playing with it. I dug out the negatives from my stay in Japan (yes, I'm beating that dead horse again) and scanned in a bunch of pictures. I wanted to share this picture:


Jeff and his hat at the scenic overlook above Isahaya, Nagasaki, Japan, circa 1985.  Nice shades!


I used the retouching techniques I learned in the workshop to make the image pop a bit more. What do you think?


Chiharu Hatekeda at Omura in 1985

No comments: